When I decided I wanted to make these, I scoured every store in the city trying to find Butterfingers. I was sure I had seen them for sale somewhere but I could not figure out where they had been. After searching and searching, I finally gave up and decided to make something else. It wasn't until the Boyfriend's parents went to the states and brought me back a bag full of Butterfinger bars that I was finally able to make these squares!
Little did I know that Butterfingers are no longer sold in Canada, but that Crispy Crunch bars are pretty much the exact same kind of chocolate bar....
So much work for nothing..
These squares are dense and delicious and stay super moist for quite a few days. They'll be sure to wow a crowd, or if you prefer, keep them all for yourself! (That's what the Boyfriend always chooses!)
Bake Time: 30-35 mins Yields: 35 squares (WW: 5pts/square)
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 regular sized butterfinger bars, chopped
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan and cover bottom of pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3) Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
4) At a low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until completely combined. Sprinkle in 1 cup of chopped butter fingers and the chocolate chips and mix until spread throughout dough.
5) Pour batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining butterfingers over top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until bars are slightly firm to touch. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting bars.
(Recipe adapted from Sweet Pea's Kitchen)