This post is a shout-out to all the girls I work with who have been so supportive of my baking and blogging from the very beginning. They have been helping to spread the word to their friends and families and have been encouraging me the entire way.
As well as encouraging me, they have also been asking and asking me to bring some goodies into work for them so they could try some of the things I had been making. I decided to whip up these cupcakes for them because it combines the best aspects of a cake and cookies together in one yummy cupcake. Topped off with a delicious cream cheese icing and it doesn't get much better than that!
An un-iced cupcake
I brought these in first thing in the morning and they were immediately swooped up and taken out back to the break room.
Needless to say, they didn't last long!
This recipe is fun and relatively easy to make. You will even end up with some extra cookie dough, so you can make muffins AND chocolate chip cookies in one go. Two recipes for the price of one is a pretty sweet deal to me.
Enjoy this recipe, have a great Thursday (Almost Friday!) and Thanks again to all the girls at work for your continual support!
Last Month: Baked Mac 'n Cheese
Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Cupcakes
Bake Time: 18-24mins Yields 20-24 cupcakes (WW: 9pts per cupcake)
1 box white or golden cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sour cream
THE COOKIE DOUGH
1 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
2 cups flour
1 package chocolate chips
THE CREAM CHEESE ICING
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line the muffin pan with muffin cups. Set aside.
2) Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, canola oil, and sour cream in a medium bowl and beat until well mixed, about 2 mins. Set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, beat together margarine, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined. Add baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Add flour one cup at a time, beating in between each. Finally, add your chocolate chips and beat until chips are mixed throughout.
4) Fill each muffin cup about half way with the chocolate mixture. Take a tablespoon of cookie dough and put it in the centre of each muffin cup, pressing down slightly so the chocolate mixture will spread up the side of the muffin cup. Repeat for each cupcake.
5) Bake for 18-24 mins, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out mostly clean. Remove form muffin tray and cool completely on cooling rack.
6) While cupcakes are cooling, in a new bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until your icing reaches the desired consistency. Ice the cupcakes once they are completely cooled.
(Recipe adapted from Picky Palate)